6.09.2009

Sorry there isn't a pic

...but none are left! I made a yummy thing for dinner tonight. I saw a cooking show that had shrimp wrapped in proscuitto and was eventually made into some pasta dish. Well, the brain mulled over that for a while and when I went to the grocery store, I picked up some simple ingredients to make my GF variation of the seafood.

Bacon Wrapped Shrimp Poppers

1 pound frozen, cooked shrimp
1 package of bacon (plain, maple, hickory, any flavor will work)
dried parsley

Place a saute pan on a low heat. Place frozen shrimp in water to partially thaw; remove tail shells. Take the bacon and cut the slices in half. Wrap bacon around the shrimp and place in pan. Cook until bacon is browned on each side. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel to remove excess drippings. Serve hot, topped with parsley.

I served them with baked beans. According to my panel of experts, they are "tasty". According to me, they are tasty AND easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment