2.01.2014

Day 1 - Main Dishes

15 Bean Soup
Oops! I didn't get a picture of it. But it all started with a bag of the dried soup beans. I boiled them for an hour in water. Then I drained most of the water out and added vegetable stock, chopped onion, bacon flavored tempeh, black pepper, turmeric, parsley, and hot sauce. That simmered for an hour and was served with homemade artisan style gf bread. 

My version of Moe's Personal Trainer

I enjoyed getting the Trainer at Moe's. It was loaded with all my favorites and I'd get the fried shell. Did I eat the shell? Of course. Then I'd be sorry a half hour later, if you know what I mean. 

One day, I thought I'd save the trip and made my own big bowl of the salad and dubbed it Homemade Moe's. We indulge on it somewhat regularly, since it's so yummy!

Place a layer of lettuce in the bottom of a large bowl. Top with brown rice, black beans, sautéed mushrooms (cooked with Mexican seasonings of choice), chopped tomato, corn salsa, tomato salsa, black olives, red pepper, and jalapeño pepper. Splash some lime juice and vinegar on top and dive in with a toasted corn or whole grain tortilla. 

Day 1 was an absolute pleasure! I feel good. Are you in the challenge? Why not?!!! #E2Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment