2.01.2014

Power-packed Day 1 Breakfast

Oatmeal with fruit.

I love oatmeal. This morning I wanted to indulge in it sans sugar, artificial flavors, and food colors. How does this look compared to the little packets of instant oats? 

The way I made it - I did servings for two but made half with quick cook steel cut oats with water and half with rolled oats and almond milk. 


Boil the liquid, add the steel cut oats. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then add the rolled oats and cook 5 minutes more. Add more liquid if too thick. Top with fruit and serve. 

I like to shop at Aldis for fruit and veggies. Sometimes their soft fruit is so ripe, it only lasts a day or two in the fridge. To help keep longer, I do a vinegar water rinse and store it in food keeper bags. 

When I opened my blackberries, there was one moldy one in the container. Out it went! The wash will delay the spread of the mold to the other fruit. Just put water in a bowl and a couple tablespoons of vinegar. I used white but apple cider vinegar is great too. Let them soak about 5 minutes and strain them. Now they're ready for eating and the fridge. 

I can say with most certainty that this will be a regular breakfast this month. It's quick, easy, tasty, and so good for you. Goodbye sugar and fat, hello clean eats!

Want to take the challenge? Go to engine2diet.com for all the info you need. Be well, everyone! #E2Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment